A belief in yourself is a crucial element of being able to follow through with any of your dreams or goals. It is the starting post for you to kickstart the change or growth you may be chasing. It is the common link that we see in all incredible achievers AND it is available for all of us to access in our own way.
Discovering what your confidence looks and feels like is the key for getting access to it anytime you need it.
Is confidence an emotion or an action?
Confidence is a state that combines emotion and action. It is the result of feeling and doing in a single moment. When we understand it is a ‘state’ that combines emotion and action we can access it anytime we like.
How do you access confidence?
When we have confidence in ANY area of our lives we are able to replicate the feeling and make it into a pattern we can repeat. Watch the video (5mins) to go through the process on confidence with me.
If you prefer to read, here is the process:
We can literally take any moment where we feel confident and notice how we act in that moment.
I want you to close your eyes and think of a moment in your life when you felt really confident. It can be in any part of your life and at any time, just go with whichever moment comes to mind first.
In that moment where you were feeling confident, notice the following;
- What do you look like in that moment of confidence?
- How do you feel?
- Do you have any sensations in your body?
- How is your posture?
- How is your stance?
- Are you speaking?
- What does your voice sound like? Is it faster? Smoother? More excited?
- How do other people respond to you when you’re feeling confident?
- Are you making eye contact?
- Are you smiling?
- What are you thinking at that moment?
- Are you in flow?
I want you to really stay here in this state for a moment, take in every part.
Now, I want you to think of an area of your life where you don’t feel confident. What do you notice about yourself that feels different in this area?
- How has your posture changed?
- Is your voice louder or softer? Perhaps you’re not talking at all?
- How’s your internal dialogue?
- Are you smiling? What are the sensations in your body?
That’s enough of that space!! Jump back to your moment of feeling confident and take that energy back into your awareness.
Take a moment to write down everything you noticed.
How do you apply confidence?
Now that you have tapped into a moment of confidence, you have some key points that are very specific about your personal emotions and actions when you are feeling confident. I am highlighting your and you as this is all about understanding your confident self, no-one else’s.
You also have key points on when you are not feeling confident. The difference between these two is your confidence gap! What we want to do to build confidence in ANY area of your life is to close that gap and be sitting in the land of confidence.
Like anything else in life, this takes practice and a desire to change and evolve, are you ready?
Quick confidence activator
Here’s a 5 step process I love to use at any moment to tap into my state of confidence.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath and think of that time when you were feeling confident.
- Remind yourself why you are in this moment right now where you need to access your confidence
- Smile, feel confident as you smile, feel your smile in every part of your body.
- Take action - get up, press send on the email, hit record on the camera, introduce yourself
- The most important step: High five yourself for being one step closer to becoming a Queen of Confidence
The more you do this, the faster you will get and the more quickly you can access your confidence. I love speaking and feel very confident sharing, but for some reason introducing myself at network events has me shaking in my boots! I use this process before I go to any event and then right before I have to introduce myself I take a lovely quick and nurturing breath and I can jump into that state straight away ❤️
Action Steps for this week
DO THE PROCESS! Watch the video and start working out your Personal State of Confidence.
Now, start using the quick confidence activator any chance you get, practice makes progress.
3 years from now you’ll be looking back at yourself thinking I don’t even recognise that person anymore, I’ve changed so much, I chose to become a Queen of Confidence.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Tuesday Tips and I hope you are able to start creating change in your life.
The greatest gift you could give me and my business is sharing this content with someone who you think might appreciate it. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it ❤️
See you next week! Leina x